Your site should have the following pages:
- Landing/Welcome page (something to welcome and grab attention)
- Portfolio (I use the slideshow function with imaged re-sized for web)
- Blog (this is like a journal or diary)
- Contact (add your 'about the photographer')
To get started create your account and read some of the some of the instructions on the 'Beginner's guide to Weebly' page.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR SITE:
- Go to weebly.com, wix.com or Google Sites and create an account, you may want to create a new email for your site such as email@example.com to use with this account
- Create a Google doc with your your weebly login and password so you don't lose it!
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- You can watch the intro video and then Build Your Site
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages.
- You should have a landing page (which might be your portfolio), a contact/about page, and a blog
- Replace default images with your own, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Beginner's guide to Weebly', WIX help, Google Sites Help
- Fill out form to add you website to Mrs. Olden's list (coming soon!)
Here are examples of professional artist's websites: