- Create a Collection Titled 'Portfolio' (you should already have one)
- Add all of your best photos into this folder (you can click & drag the thumbnails)
- Once you have put ALL the best work in the folder, click on the collection & select all (cmd + a)
- Follow the export settings in the image below (Limit file size to 9999K, Weebly only allows images under 10mb on the free sites)
- Now you can easily upload images from the folder on your desktop using "image', 'Gallery' or 'Slideshow'
- Go to weebly.com and create an account.
- Create a Google doc with your your Weebly login and password so you don't lose it! Or save it somewhere you will remember.
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a Weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages. Make sure you add a Blog style page.
- See below for what content your site needs to have in it. (add content to your site)
- Replace default images with your own, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Weebly Help Center'
When you create a website you need to think of user experience and purpose of the site. As a designer you want to give your potential clients a taste of your design style from the second they land on your page. Your style should be incorporated into the site design as well.
Components your website need to include are:
- A landing page (which might be a splash image or your portfolio)
- Work (aka Portfolio)
- Contact/about page
Here are examples of professional artist's websites:
Design & Illustration:
more inspiration: 50 designers you should know
Photo & Video: