Two Self Portrait images, Self Evaluation & Masters due: 2/20
You will be creating Self Portraits from two of the categories:
The essential you, what are you known for, how people see you.
You as someone else, playing a role, becoming something you are not.
Looking inside yourself, showing a part of you people do not know, reflective, showing what is on the inside.
Surreal, Fantasy, Dreamlike, Unrealistic.
BLOG POST (Due 2/27 - beginning of class)
After you shoot and edit your 2 self portraits, you will export them as jpegs and upload them to your blog along with your self-reflection. Please include the following for both images in your reflection:
- What have you decided to title your Self portraits?
- What types of Self Portrait have you created (Circle: Signature, Projection, Self-Study, or Fantasy)?
- What is the deeper meaning that you are conveying about yourself with your Self Portraits (what makes it more than just the literal “this is a picture of me”)?
- Specifically, what is it about your photographs that make each an aesthetically pleasing piece of “Fine Art?” (Elements of Art, Principles of Design, and/or specific photographical compositional concepts?)
- Specifically, what did you learn while doing this project (technically, compositionally, and/or other)?
- Did you digitally manipulate your image(s) and what did you do? (levels, layer masks, etc...)
- What corrections/changes would you make to your self portraits?
You must show Ms. McKay thumbnail sketches and explain the idea behind each of your images before you can go shoot. Planning is, more often than not, the key to a successful image.