You may choose among the following topics, or one of your choice (has to be approved)- each group will have a unique project:
| || |
1. You are to do research first on the subject, using websites- (sometimes there are ones on the topic, such as www.depressionhurts.com, www.familyfirstaid.org, www.at-risk.org...), as well as personal research done among peers. Also check out the Ad Council website (http://www.adcouncil.org/) for previous as campaigns for various causes and social issues.
2. With the research, find out what ads have been done before, what logos have been used, what headlines have been used, etc. Use this as your springboard for your new ad.
3. Your presentation will discuss the issue, show what has been done previously for awareness, and explain what you two are doing differently to raise awareness. It will be set up through Powerpoint as follows:
Slide 1: Title Page
Slide 2: Present the problem- statistics etc (can be more then one slide if needed- include the source)
Slide 3: What ads were done before (can be more then one slide if needed/ ads that were published)
Slides 4-9: Your photo series of six photographs (3 images each person,each photograph on their own unique slide)
Slide 10: First (partner one) 8-1/2" x 11" ad that is done in Photoshop (with your headline, image, copy, information)
Slide 11: Second (partner 2) 8-1/2" x 11" ad done in Photoshop (created by the second partner)
Slide 12: Bibliography (links and resources, use MLA format)
4. After creating your presentation, each group member will create a series of three images that are related to your topic, you will turn one of your three images into an advertisement and place them in the presentation each on their own slide.
- Your ads must have a headline, tagline, and photo illustration. It all must be original and contain factual information (see image at bottom of post). Your ad must also give information on where to go for help or to get more information.
- The print advertisements have to be done in Photoshop using type tool and layers. The ads must be 8-1/2” x 11” tall with a resolution of 300 pixels/inch.
- You are to use your unique photograph as an illustration for the advertisements.
- Your marketing campaign must speak directly to a teen audience. Go for the gut- think of something that would make an impact!
You will be graded on the following:
Presentation: presentation of new materials versus old, data & research, well spoken
Series of 3 images: images are related to the topic, images depict ad campaign, AD is well done and has all components required.