- Use photographic techniques you learned this year to make an ‘ugly’ location look good. Choose appropriate equipment, depth of field, framing, angle, styling to make your best images.
- You must take the photo, not model in a photo someone else took. If you did not trigger the shutter, it is not your photo.
- Must be taken on a digital SLR camera
- You can enhance your image by editing in Photoshop or Lightroom.
- DOES NOT have to be a portrait, think back to abstract, motion, surreal...
- ***You must take a wide shot of the entire scene so we can see how ugly the location you were shooting was.
Create a series (3-6) of aesthetically pleasing images taken in an ‘ugly location.’
If you received a B- or higher both semester in this class you are eligible to earn college credit through Palomar College for your work in this class this year. This credit may transfer to other colleges, you just need to request your Palomar transcript to be sent to the other college(s).
How to sign-up:
For this assignment you will combine word & image. You can create an image and think of the words later OR create an image for specific words. The words are most meaningful when they are your own but can be a poem, prose, song lyric or other creative writing.
Most importantly you must think of where the words will go - the images below are good examples of planning space for the writing. You may bring special pens for writing on your printed image (gel pens work well). You may also 'scratch' into the print to write or think of other ways to incorporate text.
Photo taken by end of day- Wednesday 5/16
Print, Write, Scan & Self Evaluation- Friday 5/18
Add Self Reflection & JPG image to Google Classroom & turn in by 5/18
This is where Photo 1 assignments and resources are posted.