Masters of Adjectives: due end of class TODAY 11/18
READ & Use as reference: What are adjectives? and What are inferences?
and very helpful: List of adjectives
MASTERS OF Adjectives PHOTOGRAPHY Assignment
- Create a new Google Doc titled P3_lastname_first_adjectives
- Research the work of the Master Photographers below and select 1 image the conjures up 3 adjectives from each photographer.
- Copy and paste the image in your Google Doc, keeping all images on 2 pages maximum.
- You must include (1) the name of photographer (2) the year image was taken, AND (3) and minimum of 3 adjectivse you would use to describe your image with an explanation for each telling us what about the image makes you describe it in that way.
- Share with firstname.lastname@example.org and PLEASE uncheck Send Email Notification box
Master of Adjectives Photographers: Find one image from each photographer that conjures up at least three adjectives. Write a minimum of one sentence for each adjective connecting what about the photograph makes you use each adjective. (Ask yourself: Is is the color, lighting, tonal range, the atmosphere, is it what is included in the picture or is it the details that are omitted, is it the the way people are interacting, what inferences can you make?) DO NOT USE THE SAME WORDS OVER & OVER!!!
- Gregory Crewdson
- Sally Mann
- Sylvia Plachy
- Philip-Lorca diCorcia
- Andreas Gursky
- Joel Meyerowitz
- Garry Winogrand
- Lee Friedlander
- Bill Brandt
- 1 image found by you!