Complete this assignment FIRST (Due 1/16) > Masters of Fashion
PHOTOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT - Due 2/1
- Create images that features at least one fashion/beauty item (shoes, makeup, clothing, purse, hair product, jewelry, etc)
- You will need to coordinate with classmates or peers. Hit up and friends that are aspiring models, makeup artists, hair stylists or fashion designers/stylists. You images will be good for them to have so they can show off their work.
- Use lighting (studio, natural or combo) to set the mood/style in your images and feature your item(s).
- Come up with a concept BEFORE you shoot, use props and have fun!
- RESEARCH and determine lighting setup.
- BREAK RULES!!! As long as it looks good! Lens Flare, blown out highlights, dark shadows, - all fair game.
- Be inspired by the Masters but do not copy.
- Don't forget to Photoshop, try some new techniques!
- You will submit your 3 favorite shots!
Read These Tips:
Tips from fashion photographer Adriana Curcio
12 Fashion Photography Tips
Eroded Fashion Portrait
Fashion Inspired Illustration
Lighting Effect Tutorials
Harmonize Tricky tones and colors
Add another Dimension
Dressing up Fashion Photography
Location Photography Color Correction
Stylized Graphic Backgrounds
Check these out for some general light reading-
Great Blog 'Strobist': Lighting 101
About Soft Light Modifers
Article: Martin Prihoda- My greatest photography milestone