Photoshop Studio Assignment #2
Download these images for today's assignment: Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6
Photoshop Lesson #2—Retouching
1. Crop the image to a size and resolution where someone could make a 7x5 inch high-quality (300 pixels/inch) print.
2. Duplicate the background.
3. Use Levels and Curves to “fix” the exposure issues.
4. Use the Spot Healing Brush and/or Healing Brush to REALISTICALLY fix their wrinkles and blemishes (on the top layer).
5. Use the Clone Stamp Tool to REALISTICALLY give the man an earring to match the woman’s (on the top layer).
6. Use “Save As” to save your fixed file as a PSD file called “Retouch1.psd” in your Photoshop Studio Assignments folder.
7. Do the same thing to one of your images and save it in the same place as “Retouch2.psd”!
Photoshop Lesson #3—More Layers (Images 5 & 6 above)
Review of Layers
More about Layers:
•Opacity and Blending Modes
•Different Types of Layers
•Layer Styles •Adjustment Layers
–Layer Masks, the coolest thing EVER!!!
–Review of PSD vs. JPG format