- Sketch, Plan & Pre-shoot Blog Post
- You will receive feedback from peers and teacher on your idea at start of class
- You will have shooting time (approx 1 hr)
Due by: Wednesday, Jan 20th (start of class)
- 1 fully edited image
- Self Reflection & Blog Post
- You will present your image Friday 1/20 to the class
Save these Demo Images: Castle & Sky in a new folder 'Photo Composite' in your (G:)
- Plan out your idea - sketch your idea/plan, digitize it (photo or scan) and write a post about the image you need to take in a Blog Post on your website.
- Images will need to match in angle & lighting, tripod may be useful as well as an assistant.
- In Lightroom, select your edited images (ctrl + click) then right click, select 'Edit In' > 'Layers in Photoshop'. This will launch Photoshop and open the selected images into one document.
- To 'cut out' an image use the selection tools (Quick Selection or Magic Wand) to select what you want to cut out. If selecting the 'background' of an image you must 'Select Inverse' to reverse the selection.
- Select 'Add Layer Mask' to mask out parts of the image you want to hide.
- Edit the mask's properties in 'Properties' > 'Mask Edge' to refine the edge to make it look more realistic.
- Continue 'cutting out' images until you scene is put together.
- Add 'Adjustment Layers' to change to color, contrast and overall mode of your image.
- If you want to effect a specific layer of your image select 'Clip layer' in your adjustment layer properties.
- Continue to add & adjust details to make your image as photo real as possible.
How do you......
Re-size & Rotate Layers in Photoshop (free transform)
Use the Quick Selection tool
Use the Magic Wand tool
Refine the edge of a selection
Add Layer Masks to 'cut out' an image
Replace a sky
Add Adjustment Layers
Use Blending Modes
Remove something from a picture (Content-Aware)
Use Puppet Warp