*I am so sorry I am out for Jury Duty!
ASSIGNMENT #1 - Do this First
Go to Hoogle Classroom and complete your write up on you 5 images. Turn in to GC by end of class.
In order to show others your work you must have a way to display your BEST work. You will be creating a website using Weebly or another web service of your choosing. Weebly is pretty easy to navigate and they are always adding new features. The interface is 'click and drag' so you do not need to know any coding to make a great looking site. If you already have a site, update it by adding new photos and curating the look and style you present.
Your site should have the following pages:
Portfolio (I use the slideshow function with imaged re-sized for web)
To get started create your account and read some of the some of the instructions on the 'Beginner's guide to Weebly' page.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR SITE:
- Go to weebly.com and create an account, you may want to create a new email for your site such as email@example.com to use with this account
- Create a Google doc with your your weebly login and password so you don't lose it!
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- You can watch the intro video and then Build Your Site
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages.
- You should have a landing page (which might be your portfolio), a contact/about page, and a blog
- Rplace default images with your own, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Beginner's guide to Weebly'
Here are examples of professional artist's websites: