Complete in Google Classroom or on paper & turn in
Part 1: Scan-o-gram
When done, clean the scanner well so it is ready for the next person to use.
Part 2: Interpretive Studio Self Portrait
You are required to use a tripod and the camera self-timer or remote when completing this assignment.
Part 3: Non-Literal Self Portraits (x2)
You must create sketches for both ideas including the category and concept behind the image and have approved by Mrs. Olden before you can check out a camera & tripod:
The essential you, what are you known for, how people see you.
You as someone else, playing a role, becoming something you are not.
Looking inside yourself, showing a part of you people do not know, reflective, showing what is on the inside.
Surreal, Fantasy, Dreamlike, Unrealistic.
- Double Exposure
- Photo Collage (See David Hockney & Chuck Close)
- Altering a print - drawing, painting, cutting, folding burning (See Arnulf Rainer)
- Still Life - objects that represent something you
- Slow Shutter speed (see Francesca Woodman)
- Covering your face/body
- Incorporate a uniform
- Incorporating location (home, bedroom, work, etc)
- Put yourself in a dream or unrealistic situation (See Brooke Shaden or Erik Johansson)
- Visualize the hidden/unseen (emotions, past experiences, relationships, thoughts, feelings)
Create double Exposure in camera - overlay (method 1)
Multiple exposure - (method 2) (youtube)
Really beautiful double exposures, tips & Canon tutorial (youtube)
Double color exposure in photoshop (youtube)
10 pages, double spaced, 12pt Times New Roman
- One-inch page margins.
- Double-spaced paragraphs
- A header with author's last name and page number one-half inch from the top of each page.
- Name of author, name of professor, title of course, date of paper on the first page of the paper.
- A works cited page beginning on a separate page at the end of the paper.
Photographers/Artists known for self portrait photography (keep in mind some of these photographers do work other than self portrait photography, you are to focus on their self portrait work):
- Cindy Sherman
- Nikki S Lee
- Yasumasa Morimura
- Gunter Brus
- Arno Rafael Minkkinen
- Andy Warhol
- Arnolf Rainer
- Brooke Shaden
- Wanda Wulz