- Drag 'Photo Vault' from your desktop to your G: drive
- Log-in to new computer
- Drag 'Photo Vault' from G: to the desktop of your 'new' computer
- Open your 'Photo Vault' folder and double click on the LR icon - That will launch LR. The icon is your Lightroom Catalog and will make set up LR and your images on your new computer.
- Setup Lightroom- Select 'Ignore Updates' in the bottom left of pop up window.
- Setup Lightroom- Check 'turn off tips' and close out of Tips box
- Lightroom should now be good to go (look through everything to confirm)!
- Sign off, go back to your old computer and log in.
- Drag your 'Photo Vault' to the Recycle Bin
- Empty your Recycle Bin & Log out
- Go back to your 'new computer'! You are done!
- Spend 15 minutes going through your images and cleaning up your library
- You can rate images you want to keep, use the filter to view unrated images, select all (ctrl + a)
- Right click and select > 'remove images' and select option 'delete from disk'
How to move & backup your Lightroom library (aka- your images)
This is where Photo 1 assignments and resources are posted.