ASSIGNMENT #1 - Do this First
In photo imaging the first thing we will learn are techniques to take more compelling photos. For this assignment complete research on various composition techniques. You will then be taking your own photos that implement these techniques.
- Log into Google Classroom & Open the assignment 'Composition Techniques.
- Click on the Doc that is generated
- Read the directions and complete your research
- Turn into Google Classroom by end of class
DIRECTIONS: Define the Composition Techniques in your own words. Next, using the links Mrs. Olden provided, find a photograph you like that is a good example of the technique. Make sure to find the year the image was taken and the name of the photographer, (not just the date someone posted this image on their blog).
1. Vertical Orientation
2. Bird's Eye View
3. Ant's Eye View
4. Direct Approach
5. Tight Framing
6. Wide Framing
7. Frame within a Frame
8. Rule of Thirds
9. Leading Lines
In order to show others your work you must have a way to display your BEST work. You will be creating a website using Weebly or another web service of your choosing. Weebly is pretty easy to navigate and they are always adding new features. The interface is 'click and drag' so you do not need to know any coding to make a great looking site.
Your site should have the following pages:
Portfolio (I use the slideshow function with imaged re-sized for web)
To get started create your account and read some of the some of the instructions on the 'Beginner's guide to Weebly' page.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR SITE:
- Go to weebly.com and create an account, you may want to create a new email for your site such as email@example.com to use with this account
- Create a Google doc with your your weebly login and password so you don't lose it!
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- You can watch the intro video and then Build Your Site
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages.
- You should have a landing page (which might be your portfolio), a contact/about page, and a blog
- Rplace default images with your own, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Beginner's guide to Weebly'
- Add your name and website address to this list- http://goo.gl/Pa5FBJ
Here are examples of professional artist's websites: