and very helpful: List of adjectives
As a class you selected the following adjectives: Athletic, Aggressive, Haunted & Damaged
You will be choosing 3 of the 4 adjectives above to photograph. You must show Ms. McKay your thumbnail sketches of what your will be shooting before you can check out a camera.
MASTERS OF Adjectives PHOTOGRAPHY Assignment
- Make copy of Adjective Masters
- Research the work of the Master Photographers below and select 1 image that conjures up 3 adjectives from each photographer.
- Copy and paste the image in your Google Doc, keeping all images on 2 pages maximum.
- You must include (1) the name of photographer (2) the year image was taken, AND (3) and minimum of 3 adjectives you would use to describe your image with an explanation for each telling us what about the image makes you describe it in that way.
- Make sure the google doc is in your shared period 4 folder.
- As you research also follow and complete: Research Guide
Master of Adjectives Photographers: Find one image from each photographer that conjures up at least three adjectives. Write a minimum of one sentence for each adjective connecting what about the photograph makes you use each adjective. (Ask yourself: Is is the color, lighting, tonal range, the atmosphere, is it what is included in the picture or is it the details that are omitted, is it the the way people are interacting, what inferences can you make?) DO NOT USE THE SAME WORDS OVER & OVER!!!
- Gregory Crewdson
- Sally Mann
- Sylvia Plachy
- Philip-Lorca diCorcia
- Andreas Gursky
- Joel Meyerowitz
- Garry Winogrand
- Lee Friedlander
- Bill Brandt
- 1 image found by you!