- Sign up for Palomar Credit / Student ID
- Self Portrait Photo & Write-up (Seniors due next FRI)
- Register Online for MOPA Self Portrait Exhibit (link on msmckay.weebly.com)
- Once you have submitted your photo, please post it with your 50 word or less to your blog, explaining how you submitted it to the MOPA Youth Exhibit: Self-Portrait.
- Turn In EDITED/Retouched Studio Portraits & post write-up to your blog.
- Finish FINAL (seniors due next Fri)
- Bring external hard drive / large flash drive to get your photos?! ASAP
Submit your fully edited Studio Portrait of your partner to Student Common.
Next Upload image to your blog and talk about your settings, pose, what lighting adapters you used, what lighting pattern you chose and how you positioned the light to achieve the effect.
Due FRIDAY 5/29
Write an artist statement for your self-portrait photo that you will be submitting for the MOPA Youth Exhibition. Type the Artist Statement in your P4 folder in a Google doc. You will print out and submit with the rest of the application.
What is an artist statement? An artist statement is a paragraph or two written by the artist that describes his or her artwork. It might include details about their photograph, someone who inspires them, why they like photography or even their goals as an artist and photographer. Write below or attach typed statement to this form. Must be fewer than 50 words.
Museum of Photographic Art San Diego 'Self Portrait' Youth Exhibition: Deadline June 15, 2015
What is the story of you? MOPA’s 10th Annual Youth Exhibition will focus on the theme of personal identity and self-portraiture. In the age of the selfie, how can you use photography to express who you are and what you care about? Encourage your students to explore new and interesting ways to tell their stories. Students may use photography or video to share their interpretation of what a self-portrait is or can be.
This is where Photo 1 assignments and resources are posted.