-Choose a typeface from the list below
-Download < the template provided here!
-Research your font and find the following information:
- Year of creation
- What is it famous for?
-Complete Part 2 and add to your Type Profile
TYPEFACES to choose from:
Bodoni, Baskerville (Baskerville Old Face), Caslon (Adobe Caslon Pro), Century, Comic Sans, Cooper Black, Copperplate Gothic, Courier, Didot, Franklin Gothic, Futura, Garamond, Gill Sans (Gill Sans Std), Goudy Old Style, Helvetica Neue, Lucida (Lucida Bright), Myriad Pro, Mistral, OCR- A (OCR-A Std), Palatino (Palatino Linotype), Rockwell, Times Roman (Times New Roman), Trajan (Trajan Pro), Univers, Verdana
Part 2- TypeFace:
- Open an new US letter size Illustrator document
- Place an image of the type designer in the document and lower the opacity and lock the layer.
- Create a new layer
- Type out letters & glyphs in your typeface (shortcut- copy & paste from you template)
- Select the text box & go to: TYPE > Create Outline
- Right-click on the text and select 'Ungroup' to separate all of the letters and glyphs
- When selecting a letter or glyph, hold down 'Alt' to copy it rather than just move it from your 'bank'
- Create a typeFACE of the designer. Feel free to resize and rotate the glyphs in any way you would like to best portray your designer. Please hold shift and use the corner anchors to resize your letters and glyphs.
- Save your portrait in G: > Graphic Design > Typography >TypeFace.ai