File > New
6 inches x 6 inches
RGB color mode
3. READ: Photoshop Type Essentials. Select a typeface with heavy weight and type out your quote using the text tool (t) You may want to have a separate placement for the name of the person.
4. Search for a nice Landscape image using Google image search. Change size settings to Large. Save image to Folder on G drive. G> Graphic Design > 03 Layer Mask
5. In Photoshop File > Place Embedded image. Then hit Ctrl +J to duplicate your layer.
6. Ctrl +T will allow you to transform your image. Hold down shift to snap to 45 degree rotations and maintain aspect ratio.
7. Create a shape using the Marquee tool (m) or other selection tool. With the rotated layer selected click layer mask to cut out the image.
8. You may use a paint brush or gradient on the layer mask to blend you image. Also explore color changes in adjustment layers & blending modes
Extra:How to create a 'photo mandala'