File > New
12 inches x 12 inches
RGB color mode
3. READ: Photoshop Type Essentials. Select a typeface with heavy weight and type out your quote using the text tool (t) You may want to have a separate placement for the name of the person.
4. Search for a nice Landscape image using Google image search. Change size settings to Large. Save image to Folder on the Desktop Graphic Design > Layers 101
5. In Photoshop File > Place Embedded image. Resize image holding shift to maintain aspect ratio.
6. Cmd +T will allow you to transform your image. Hold down shift to snap to 45 degree rotations and maintain aspect ratio.
7. Create a shape using the Shape tool (u). With the rotated layer selected click layer mask to cut out the image.
8. You may use a paint brush or gradient on the layer mask to blend you image. Also explore color changes in adjustment layers & blending modes
Extra:How to create a 'photo mandala'