Also check out: Drawing with the Pen Tools
Using the Pen tool in Adobe Illustrator you will create a vector fruit or veggie:
1. Select your medium to large resolution source photograph and save to new Folder 'Vector fruit' or 'Vector veggie'
2. Launch Adobe Illustrator
3. Create new Document 8.5 x 11 inches
4. Place your image into your new document
5. Hold shift and re-size your image using the selection tool
6. Your can lower the opacity to 'ghost' the image to make it easier to trace. (optional)
7. In the Layers Panel, Lock the image layer and create a new layer for your vector art.
8. Select the Pen Tool and select the fill option to fill in your path with color. I like to draw with a line and when complete switch to fill.
9. Using the pen tool and its options, trace your image to create your vector fruit or vegetable. When tracing pay attention to shading and value to give your illustration depth and form. You should be simplifying your image.
10. Turn into the Student Common S: >ROP Classroom > H16 McKay >Graphic Design > Period > Vector Fruit or Veggie > lastname_firstname_vegorfruitname.psd
11. We will then save to the web gallery as a PNG file
DUE End of Class TODAY