- Select your typeface
- Download < the template provided here! (Graphic Design > 06 Typography > AbstractYourTypeface.ai)
- Look at the letterforms, create abstract designs in the 9 boxes. (using clipping masks) The letter should be hard to recognize.
- Add the name of your typeface & your name.
- Print out & turn in to Mrs. Olden
- Download < the template provided here!
- Research your font and find the information for the template.
- You will also need to find an image of the typeface in use to add to your type profile.
- Bonus Points - Create a 'Type Face' of your type's designer.
ilovetypography | Stress | Classifications | Serif Categories | Typedia | ComputerArts Type Glossary | Linotype
Program: Adobe Illustrator
Size: Tabloid - 11” x 17” portrait or landscape orientation
- Go Big! Abstract your letterforms so the shape is the most important element.
- Use space - don’t feel the need to fill the entire document > sometimes space is a good thing
- Add humor, think of something clever!
- Use a limited color palette, 2-3 colors + b & w.
- Think of the poster as an advertisement. How can you represent the tone of your typeface in a modern and interesting way?