- Go to weebly.com and create an account, you may want to create a new email for your site such as firstname.lastname@example.org to use with this account
- Create a Google doc with your your weebly login and password so you don't lose it!
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- You can watch the intro video and then Build Your Site
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages.
- See below for what content your site needs to have in it.
- Replace default images with your own design, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Weebly Help Center'
When you create a website you need to think of user experience and purpose of the site. As a designer you want to give your potential clients a taste of your design style from the second they land on your page. Your style should be incorporated into the site design as well.
Components you need to include are:
- A landing page (which might be a splash image or your portfolio)
- Work (aka Portfolio)
- Contact/about page
Here are examples of professional artist's websites:
Design & Illustration:
more inspiration: 50 designers you should know
Photo & Video: