Your site should have the following pages:
Portfolio (This may be the same as your landing page, I use the slideshow function with images re-sized for web)
To get started create your account and read some of the some of the instructions on the 'Beginner's guide to Weebly' page.
- Go to weebly.com and create an account, you may want to create a new email for your site such as email@example.com to use with this account
- Create a Google doc with your your weebly login and password so you don't lose it!
- Select a template (something simple- black, white, grey that won't distract from your art) If you decide later you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.
- Select a weebly subdomain (free option) for example yournamephoto.weebly.com
- You can watch the intro video and then Build Your Site
- Click on the Pages tab at the top of the screen to add or change pages.
- You should have a landing page (which might be your portfolio), a contact/about page, and a blog
- Rplace default images with your own, or remove them altogether for a clean simple look.
- For more directions check out 'Beginner's guide to Weebly'
- Add your website to this list: http://goo.gl/tl1XXS
Here are examples of professional artist's websites: