1. Select a Quote that you connect with and feel delivers a positive message about character. You will select a quote and make sure to find out who it was by.... check your sources, make times famous quotes are incorrectly credited.
Try looking here:
2. Next- create a new Photoshop document
File > New
6 inches x 6 inches
RGB color mode
3. READ: Photoshop Type Essentials. Using the font Helvetica Neue, select a heavy weight of the font and type out your quote using the text tool (t) You may want to have a separate placement for the name of the person.
4. File > Place an image (ideally a texture/color) above your text layer. Right click your image and select create clipping mask. Your image should 'clip' to your text.
READ: Clipping Mask Essentials
5. Create a background using an image... you can repeat and reflect it to create a pattern or use adjustment layers to change the color and value. How to create a 'photo mandala'