Drawing with the Pen Tools
1. Select your medium to large resolution source photograph and save to new Folder 'Vector fruit' (p2) or 'Vector veggie' (p4)
2. Open image in Photoshop
3. Create new Document 5 x 7 inches @ 300ppi
4. Drag your image into your new document
5. Resize image (ctrl T)
6. Using the Eyedropper tool, collect Swatches of color from you image to use in your vector illustration.
7. Lower the opacity to 'ghost' the image to make it easier to trace and lock the layer.
8. Select the Pen Tool and select the fill option to fill in your path with color.
9. Using the pen tool and its options, trace your image to create your vector fruit or vegetable. When tracing pay attention to shading and value to give your illustration depth and form. You should be simplifying your image.
10. Turn into the Student Common S: >ROP Classroom > H16 McKay > Digital Art > Period > Vector Fruit or Veggie > lastname_firstname_vegorfruitname.psd
11. We will then save to the web gallery as a PNG file